THE CHURCH HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!
Once again, North Coast Church is canceling all weekend services on all campuses on April 29-30, 2017 so we can unleash God’s love into our community in BIG and tangible ways. North Coast Church’s 2017 Weekend of Service is expected to be the largest yet, impacting nearly every corner of North County.
We welcome the opportunity to work with representatives from all types of media outlets.
Who is North Coast Church?
- North Coast is a Bible-based church with a total weekend attendance over 10,000 at venues in Vista, Carlsbad, Fallbrook, San Marcos/Escondido and Ramona.
- One of North Coast’s main pillars is to be the hands and feet of Christ in North County. Beyond Weekend of Service, our church averages 10 local community service projects a week.
What is Weekend of Service?
- We shut down church for one weekend every two years so we can be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community.
- In 2015, about 12,000 people tackled over 600 projects in over 100 sites throughout North County, amounting to more than $2 million in community improvements in two days.
- The Weekend of Service has made huge community impacts over the past 10 years. With thousands of volunteers, we have made over 6 million dollars worth of improvements during the Weekend of Service projects in 2007, 2008, 2011, 2013, and 2015.
- Project sites include schools, parks, veteran and senior housing, non-profit organizations, community centers, homeless shelters and more.
- We aim to perform quality work. Most of our projects include skilled professionals from our congregation, such as general contractors, carpenters, electricians, landscapers, plumbers, and painters.
- We’ll raise $250,000 through donations and fundraisers, including the Amazing Race to Serve and a youth event called Starving to Serve.
- Most projects focus on renovation, landscaping and painting, but other projects included:
- Spa treatments for women in recovery programs and shelters.
- Sewing dresses for girls in third world countries.
- Musical performances for seniors with dementia.